Oumi Sasaya in Lomita

My buddies Rick and Hiromi have touted this place for years. They have strict hours. I have gone twice and they were either closed or about to close so finally, I had an opportunity to have dinner with artist Yoshi Sakai, who's from the Gardena area but had never been so it seemed perfect. Theres a nabe which they only make 7 orders a day. We arrived at 5:30PM, when they open for dinners on Sunday and were too late. The seventh nabe had already been ordered. The udon is made on the premises. Everything else, apparently is store bought. I ordered the curry udon, which in hindsight, may not have been the best choice for my first time at this place. The curry was really salty and not particularly memorable. But, even in that context, the noodles, the udon was exceptional. The moment we paid our check, we were asked to leave. People were waiting. We were there for maybe five minutes after receiving our change and our server came to our table and asked us to leave. I am not sure if that's ever happened to me. It was a bit shocking. It's located at 2383 Lomita Blvd Lomita CA 90717.

Comments

Popular Posts