Cognoscenti Coffee in Culver City

Riding my bike around is so amazing. I hope, I will be able to do this well into my senior years. Of course, it's a fun way to exercise but it still feels like a counter culture spirited action in our City. It's also an excellent way to ride through a neighborhood and sample the culinary nuances, that taste bud candy that would most likely be missed if you drove in your car and whizzed by unidentifiable storefronts. Case in point, Cognoscenti Coffee in Culver City, 6114 Washington Blvd, Culver City CA 90232. The guys there are very cool and made me feel so welcomed. I got to try one of the many roasts they serve, "Lovers Quarrel" by Ritual (Colombian-Brazil/ pulp naturals). I first ordered it as a latte. After several sips, they said the latte hides the true flavor of the bean, I should order a drink with less milk (although, they do use the excellent Strauss Milk). They recommended the Cortado. What a difference!!! Like a pinch verses a 2x4 beating. This is an awesome place. A wonderful coffee experience. I loved that bakers chocolate after taste and in the Cortado, there was this pumpkin-like rich after taste.

Comments

Popular Posts