Brownstone Bistro on Pico

My daughter moved back a couple months ago and periodically, I've been having dinner with her. It's weird when you have to schedule dinner with your kids but that's the phase I'm in now. So, the other night, we went out and drove down Pico west of La Brea. I saw this place reopened. It was a sports bar but now it's Brownstone Bistro, an upscale-ish soul food place. My daughter ordered the baked salmon and I got the ox tail. I've never had upscale ox tail before but man it was so good. The chef came over and so i asked him how did he prepare the ox tail. Really nice guy. It was baked in a wine sauce. Wow. Delicious. His name is Clive Jackson, I believe. My daughter and I also shared a apple and candied walnut salad that was excellent. My daughter is still talking about this place. A great deal with a great girl.

Comments

Popular Posts