Sweet Lady Jane in Santa Monica

I'm familiar with Sweet Lady Jane on Melrose, across the street from Gemini Printing. I'd been going there since the 1980's. I had a rehearsal at artists Sam Erenberg's this weekend but arrive a little early so I decided to drive around. I found Sweet Lady Jane's other shop at 1631 Montana Ave, Santa Monica CA. Stopped by and had sufficient time to enjoy a chocolate croissant and mint tea. That was one of the best chocolate croissants I have ever had. The croissant is excellent and the chocolate powder on the top was a bitter dark that was so wonderful. My baby girl turned 19 this week so i decided to get a cake as well. It came down between the red velvet and a cake called the princess. I will always chose the funnier choice. Back at home, we sang happy birthday and she blew out the candles. The cake was decadent, moist, complex and memorable.

Comments

Popular Posts