Pho Vinh Ky II in Garden Grove

Yesterday, I waited to the last minute to decide if I was going or not. The traffic looked horrid on Sigalert and of course, it was day one of Carmagedon the sequel. But, I knew in my heart that I would regret not seeing this performance at the Carpenter Center at CalState Long Beach; Karen Finley and John Fleck. (Holly Hughes and Tim Miller performed the night before) Sound familiar? Yup, it's the NEA Four, that bleak return of the McCarthy Era witch hunt but in 1990, lead by the monster, Jesse Helms. This lead to the decrease in funding for the National Endowment for the Arts while globalization and the corporatization of our economy accelerated in this Congress assisted smoke screen. I invited my son, who is a Junior at CSULB and we watched history in the making or re-making. Afterwards, my son showed me a Pho place his entourage frequents. It's a 24 hour place in Garden Groves Little Saigon. It was so delicious and the spring rolls ginormous. Pho Vinh Ky II, 14390 Brookhurst St, Garden Grove CA 92843. What a great evening, hanging out with my son.

Comments

Popular Posts