Manhattan Bagel in Woodland Hills

This is a chain bagel place called Manhattan Bagel. It takes a lot of guts to call yourself Manhattan Bagel. This one is located at 20048 Ventura Blvd Woodland Hills CA 91364, 818-883-0166. It takes a lot of guts because most East coast transplants and visitors, who have partaken in a delicious fresh bagel from some place like Essa-A-Bagel for instance, will sneer at anyone claiming their bagel is as good as a NY bagel. I think this place is trying to make this type of claim. Well, it does fall short, predictably so. Fortunately, most of us get acclimated to a CA level of bagel, so we need to make the measurement with this ruler and not the NY ruler. If we do this, this place is not bad. It certainly hit the spot for me, 6AM on a Thursday morning, on my way to a photo shoot on the newly opened Metro Orange Line Extension. I asked for it toasted so it came quite crunchy, my thin and toasty Everything Bagel with cream cheese. I enjoyed it. That's all that really matters.

Comments

Popular Posts