Highland Cafe on York Blvd

During lunch today, I was in search of my friends friends new restaurant, that just opened called BA but it's only open for dinner and I was hungry. I saw this place I'd never been to, which is just a couple of storefronts down from Cafe Del Leche called Highland Cafe. It's located on 5010 York Blvd LA CA 323-259-1000. First of all, I must say, this area has really changed in the past 15 years. Every time I drive by, there are new boutiques and restaurants. It's really great. Highland Cafe has a very attractive storefront with a big window, retro lettering like an old general store, and has outdoor seating. I opted to sit inside. The service was great. Really nice and welcoming people work there and the kitchen is filled with Veteranas. I ordered the Chipotle Fish tacos which are filled with fried fish, homemade chipotle sauce, three kinds of grilled/blackened bell peppers, avocado, and lots of cabbage. The tortillas is awesome. I hadn't had tortillas like that since my trip to TJ, small and thin. I really liked the fried fish and sliced cabbage. They also carry Wild Poppy bottled drinks. I got the grapefruit ginger soda, which was deliciously organic and had just enough ginger for a good afternoon kick.

Comments

Popular Posts