Urban Noodles in Downtown LA






For lunch, it was a solo trip using the red Line to Pershing and a walk down 4th Street. I had been meaning to enter Urban Noodles on my blog but it just kept being postponed. Urban Noodles is partly co-owned by the Tai Sisters. Once evident when you get your first appetizer is that the noodles are made from scratch. That's fairly rare in LA. Today, I ordered the Steamed Pork Dumplings and the Singapore Rice Noodles. I also ordered an Arnold Palmer. I need to go back soon after work. They have some really unique beers I'd like to try and also Yebisu, my favorite Japanese beer. The steamed pork dumplings have a thick but soft dumpling shell that's translucent. It comes with a chili sauce and soy sauce that seems to have some fish oil in it. It was delicious and although there are only 3, it's a perfect number for an appetizer. The Singapore Rice Noodles are filled with homemade rice noodles, BBQ pork, a generous portion of shrimp, vegetables, egg and curry sauce. I love the glass noodles that are angel thin and have a almost crispy surface but a tender and tasty body. Mixed with the curry sauce, it's really wonderful. Unfortunately, Ada said today that they will be moving to the Figueroa area of Downtown and will be closing this shop the end of this month. Looking forward to the new locations.

Comments

Popular Posts