Cucina Ristica in Downtown LA






Cucina Rustica, 888 Wilshire Blvd LA CA 90017, 213-988-8880, has the funniest exterior wall. The west facing wall has several rows, in a scattered design, of planters. It's a very Home Depot aesthetic, although trying really hard to be Spanish Revival. I had to try this place although I couldn't find anyone who had been there before. I think this was an omen. I ordered the Penne Marsala (with chicken), a tiramisu and coffee. The server, a cute and very young girl, seemed very confident and sassy. She couldn't recommended any of the dishes when asked, what's popular? Omen #2. The dishes visually looked great but they lacked depth, flavor and richness. I tried to find redemption by ordering the tiramisu, which the server said was her favorite. She also said they made it there. It was dry. I went with co-workers and we were all dismissive of what we ordered. "So-so, it was so-so."

Comments

Popular Posts