Patrick's Roadhouse on PCH






Even though I'd past this a thousand times, I didn't think about going here until I saw it on a episode of Man VS Food. Patrick's Roadhouse is located at 106 Entrada Drive LA CA 90402 but it faces PCH (just a hop skip & a jump away from the Eames House). Photographer Bill Short and I rode our bikes from Culver City to this place. We felt that we could work most of it off because on Man VS Food, the dishes looked big and hearty. Going through the menu, it was hard to make a decision. It's a huge list of choices. The busboy recommended the Govenator Special ($11.50) named after Arnold. I didn't like him as our govenor so i passed at first but after two glances through the menu, I couldn't resist. I'm glad they didn't call it the grop-e-ranator. So this dish is a bunch of vegetables, egg whites and seasoning. It is good but it wasn't great. Since Terminator, he just isn't happening to me anymore. Bill got the corned beef and hash was good but also not great. The texture was kind of raw. Lastly, we shared the chili fries. The said it was homemade chili but both Bill and I recognized the Hormell a mile away. I still like this place and would try other things on the menu but it wasn't the cool home cooked wild breakfast I thought it was going to be.

Comments

Popular Posts