L'Epicerie Market in Culver City






I really, REALLY wanted to like this place. It's a new-ish French restaurant/market on the first floor of a office development in Culver City CA. L'Epicerie Market is located at 9900 Culver Blvd, Culver City CA 90232. The interior is well designed with a really wonderful but small market area filled with patte's, macaroons, wines, etc. I ordered the L'Epicerie Breakfast which consists of eggs with arugula and salmon and my daughter ordered the chocolate chip pancakes. I ate the eggs but they left me with a highly salty after taste, so much so that I couldn't really taste any of the ingredients. At the end of the meal, my daughter's plate was 2/3 untouched. I asked if she liked her pancakes (sarcastic inquiry). She gave me one of those funny faces and I tried a taste. GUNPOWDER. Two years ago, I had surgery for sleep apnea. Long story short, I lost the use of my taste buds for six weeks. A lot of things had the sensation of gunpowder, which is what these pancakes reminded me off. I mean, it was so bad she and I were laughing. I wrote this fact on the comment section of our bill. I wonder if they read it? BUT, if you're looking for gunpowder pancakes, this is your place. They do it well.

Comments

Popular Posts