Scarlet Cupcakes in Pacific Palisades



I was early for my daughters high school basketball game at Palisades High so I went scouting around. I found a cheerful little retail area with an antique store, Whole Foods, a coffee shop, and a couple of places to eat, just to name a few. It was early evening, in the low 40's and people were all over the place, so it had this Holiday feel to it. I walked past this little folding sign on the corner with a painting of a cupcake. The arrow beckoned me to get a cupcake, so i did. Scarlett's Cupcakes is located at 857 Via de la Paz, Pacific Palisades, CA 90272, 310-454-0290. I was the only customer. I could tell by the way the young female behind the counter reacted to me coming in that I didn't meet her customer demographic. She gave me that look of "oh, what do you want?". You know that look, right? Anyway, I wasn't going to let this over privileged teenager stand in the way of a cupcake experience so I looked at what they had and chose the chocolate cupcake with the tiny Oreo on top. It was around $3 or $4. The outside had a good chocolate cake like experience and the inside reminded me of that spongy chocolate Dolly Madison products tend to have. I ate it with pleasure and was on my way back to the high school.

Comments

Popular Posts