Lazy Ox Canteen in Little Tokyo









Lazy Ox is located at 241 South San Pedro Street LA CA 90012 213-626-5299. It's as much a bar as it is a dining place. The food was fabuloso! Polenta, Lazy Ox burger, fried potato & salad. I have to say my favorite was the Fritters, delicious fried balls of spices and potatoes. At the end of the meal, which was with artist Jeffrey James Mohr, we were both very full but I felt that if all of this amazing food, as home cooked as it felt, that the dessert has got to be amazing. Our server mentioned the rice pudding and when I said yes, she smiled and said "It's so good!" We were not disappointed. Tender rice pudding, not crazy sweet with this graham cracker top layer just was absolutely perfect. I hadn't had a meal with my dear friend in quite sometime so this was such a heartfelt lunch.

Comments

Popular Posts