Spice Table in Little Tokyo





Spice Table is located at 114 South Central Ave, LA CA 213-620-1840. We went for lunch and having done so, I think dinner is actually important to try out before I make any final judgement. The special was an Asian Sloppy Joe and my friend Angelene ordered the cheeseburger with the intention that we'd cut them in half and share them. The fries were crispy and thin and came with sides of ketchup and a spicy cream sauce. The sloppy joe was not sloppy at all but it was a good medium spicy and came on a delicious baguette. The hamburger, which was grilled in front of our eyes (we sat at the counter) was decent but nothing to write home about. I thought the grade of beef or the quality of meats would be exceptional but the overall lunch left both Angelene and I sort of underwhelmed. I guess we were hoping to be blown away. The lunch ran over $30 so our expectations were perhaps too high. I suspect the dinner menu might be of higher grade and so I'm willing to go back one of these days. This place has a lot of promise.

Comments

Popular Posts