Rinconcito Poblano at Plaza Mexico in Lynwood







I heard about Rinconcito Poblano at Plaza Mexico in Lynwood on the Radio. I think it was Jonathan Gold? So when I saw Plaza Mexico off the 90 today, I was so happy it was already lunchtime. The address is 3100 East Imperial Highway, Lynwood CA. It's in the "food court", which is on the second floor in this corner of the humongous shopping center. Plaza Mexico is an attempt to bring you to the center of Mexico City, the zocolo. But the way it's laid out is a little hogg podge and you can get a little lost, which of course lends itself to the illusion that you're in another country. There are maps to help you find your way. I arrived in the little food court upstairs and found Rinconcito Poblano. Their displayed menu has pictures, so it should be easy to figure out what you want to order, unless you're moronic like me and ask them "What's your most popular food?". That question seemed to have lifted a barrier between me and them. "Popular" was a foreign word to them, atleast the way I was pronouncing it. They said no, they don't sell "popular". I should know Spanish, I grew up in LA. Luckily, a young woman came to my rescue and explained what i was asking and they said the "poblano", DUH? So I ordered the Milanesa (fried thin-thin skirt steak) Poblano (like a sandwich). When I sat down in the table next to the stand, I noticed that I was sitting where all the Latino's were sitting and the Asians were all sitting in front of this ice cream shop across the way that seemed to be the only shop in the food court run by Asians. I thought that was a little funny. My poblano was awesome. The toasted sesame bun was perfect. Not too much condiments fo you could taste the skirt steak, avocado, bread and this wonderful red sauce that comes as a side. There's also grilled onions and shredded cheese. It was very VERY good. I ordered a jamaica but they have sodas and a assortment of Jarritos too. The challenge of this place is finding parking. For its size, Plaza Mexico has tiny parking lots but it's worth the poblano.

Comments

Popular Posts