Messob on Fairfax Ave








On Fairfax, there are all these wonderful Ethiopian restaurants. I've been to three of them so far but last night I was treated to dinner at one of the places I'd never been. Artist Phung Huynh is a big fan of Messob and now I am too. We ordered both brands of beers to sample. They are quite different from each other so I recommend this sharing technique. We were both hungry so we ordered the Super Messob Exclusive dinner plate for two which included Doro Wot (stewed chicken), Siga Wot (beef strips), Yebeg Siga Alicha (a mild lamb stew), Kifto (finely ground lean beef), Tibs (cubes of select beef), Yatakilt Alicha (steamed peas and onions), Yemiser Wot (split lentil in red pepper sauce) and collard greens. We also had the Sambossa as an appetizer which is a like a fried knish with delicious lentils inside. The food was excellent. Wash your hands before you eat. There's a spongy like bread that you tear off and pocket scoop each food. No sppons or forks here, it's all right hand. It's a great design to bring a mouthful to your lips, no more, no less. We could not finish the Super Messob Exclusive so I have left overs in my fridge now. However, we did order dessert; Baklava with tea, Phung had coffee. We were so full we had to walk around the block before we got into our cars. What a great place!

Comments

Popular Posts