J N J on Adams Blvd





"Hey Noel and Sheila, I finally made it to J N J!!!!" J N J, 5754 West Adams Blvd., LA CA 90016, 323-933-7366. Sheila said if you drive too fast you'll miss it and I did. It's nice when friends know you better than you know yourself. The first thing that struck me was that on the same property, they sell firewood (I'd say that was a very good sign). The second thing is that the BBQ counter and the burger counter are separated. Of course, I went to the BBQ counter. So basically, I learned that someone else owned it up until the 70's and the current family from Tennessee bought it. The wife was born and raised in the local community. The mother bakes all of the desserts. The decor alone won me over. It's so backwoods and almost hidden. Everyone likes to be part of a secret. I ordered the pork ribs dinner and a sweet potato pie. WOW!!! The dinner comes with six huge ribs in a semi spicy sauce. I think I will ask for the sauce on the side next time. The meat was tender and full of deep dense smoky flavor. I couldn't finish it. I ate six one night and six the following night with my daughter. The BBQ beans where very good, sweet, smoky and not overcooked. They offer both wheat and white bread which is a little unusual. I went unorthodox and got wheat. All was delicious. J N J may be on my top five now. It was the sweet potato pie that won me over. Oh mann, that was amazing. First of all, the slice was three times the size you get from other places and it was so fresh, creamy and not overly sweet but perfectly sweet. I can't wait to go back.

Comments

Popular Posts