D and A Bar B Que in Compton







Just several blocks east of the Metro Compton Station is D and A Bar B Que at 1710 East Compton Blvd, Compton CA 90221, 310-637-8773. It's a honest shack aesthetic building with BBQ smoke frothing the streets. There's places to sit in the back it appears but I took my order to go. I got the 3 Rib lunch plate. The BBQ fell off the bone and the sauce was slightly tangy, smoky and had a strong kick to it. The cornbread was fantastic and the greens were tender and flavorful. The lunch special is suppose to be three pieces but they gave me four, which I really appreciated and finished while parked on the side of the road. Driving back to work was a challenge. It was a real pleasure to eat this BBQ. I'd love to go back and try the chicken. I was also told that they make the sweet potato pie and cake there. The food presentation is down home and heartfelt. I really appreciated this place.

Comments

Popular Posts