Yu Chun in Koreatoown








Yu Chun is located at 3185 W. Olympic Blvd, LA CA 90006. I joined Sojin Kim, historian; sound artist Liam Mooney and curator Kristin Hayashi for a feast. First of all, I was familiar with their dumplings already because Sojin gave me a container full once. they sell them frozen for you to take home but I can say now that eating them there is a totally different experience. These are the best dumplings in LA. YES!!! The skin is firm but fresh. The spicy pork inside is just spicy enough and filled with soup and goodness and luv! Now, we ordered other dishes i.e. cold noodles, soon tofu, and BBQ beef in that cool iron turtle. If I were to turn into a super hero, I think that would be it! IRON TURTLE!!!! Hands down, the dumplings are my favorite dish here. Now let's talk about the "BROTH". What's up with the broth and why is it self serve? The other wonderful item is the water. I am not sure what the filtering system is but it's delicious water.

Comments

Popular Posts