Kyochon Chicken in Koreatown






I had several folks tell me about this place. Some said it was the best chicken in K-Town, others said you have to try it at least once. I spent the entire day at poolside at Belly Flop for the Eternal Telethon and didn't feel like cooking so my daughter and made our way to Kyochon Chicken, 3833 W 6th Street, LA CA 90020, off the corner of Serrano Ave in a mini-mall. She ordered the chicken wrap and I ordered the 9 piece. I had an image of a rotisserie type chicken place but boy was I wrong. This is a clean, contemporary type fast-food looking place. The chicken is made to order, fried in Canola oil and served like a buffalo wing place. I ordered half spicy and half honey batter. The honey batter was crispy and juicy. The hot was awesomely hot. 9 pieces ended up being perfect for me but if I were a little bit more hungry, I probably would have needed a side of potato wedges or something. They have fresh cold filtered water for free but I got a bottled green tea. They have two large big screens and that day the Lions vs Patriots game was on, which was a pretty good game for pre-season. I left feeling good about that spicy chicken. I think having a box of those in front of the TV with a beer sounds ideal. It's not the most amazing food but it is unique, a Korean spice spin on buffalo wings. Oh, the pickled radish was funny. It comes in a pre-packaged box. I ordered one but they gave me two. They said it's a two for one item. It was pretty good, crunchy and on the sweet side. We took the other box home. Maybe we'll eat that tonight.

Comments

Popular Posts