L'Angolo Cafe in Downtown LA




L'Angolo Cafe is located at 101 W. 9th Street, LA CA 90015 in Downtown LA. I eyed this place many-a-times. it's right on a corner and it looks interesting but I had reports that the food was just so-so. We took a chance and ventured in. A. Campuzano and I shared a skirt steak salad and the five cheese ravioli. The salad was delicious with a creamy vinaigrette dressing. The greens were fresh but not quite bouncy. The skirts steak was a little too fatty for a salad and chewy but it had great flavor. The ravioli was good. Five cheeses is hard. I couldn't taste five cheeses, it tasted more like three. I guess once it's popped in the boiling water and melts, five cheeses begin to morph into a hybrid cheese. I suspect if the pasta skin were thinner and you placed the cheeses separately in each pouch, you could dip the pasta for a minimum of time and preserve each of the five cheeses as five cheeses. There's gotta be a better logistics to punch up the fact that there are five cheeses. I'm just saying.

Comments

Popular Posts