Wood Spoon in Downtown LA






Once upon a time (1992ish), i was a rookie for the LA Metro staff. Walking around the Union Station ghost town and the generally low down D Town, LA was sad, crying and broken. Then things started to change and today, the energy and up beat of D Town is intoxicating. Wood Spoon is one of many eateries to add to the mix and this Brazilian beat original is a pleasure to visit. That chicken pot pie is sneaky. It looks small but it will fill you up and that cinnamon water is outrageously simple, obvious and surprising. I gotta get me a carafe and some cinnamon sticks and try that at home. My friend let me have some of her potato croquette and sweet potato fries. Very nice, but I was already in love with the cinnamon water by then. Wood Spoon is located at 107 W 9th St., LA CA 90015.

Comments

Popular Posts