Taix in Echo Park




I was invited to go see DEATH at the Echoplex. Well, I sort of invited myself but anyway, this was the recent night when it was freezing and it snowed in Glendale. I just wanted to eat somewhere warm so Taix seemed to fit the bill. I was there with Lady Noise members Gabie Strong and Sandy Yang and meet Gabie's husband who's from Sweden. I learned a little bit about Sweden which was awesome. Very cool dude. I ordered the roasted duck which I thoroughly enjoyed. It was lightly seasoned, uber tender, and filling to the max. We had a very delicous red wine and while I had a salad, everyone else ordered the potato leek soup, which i sampled and it was very good. Mostly, I was happy to get to know everyone a little bit better and be in a warm place. In the middle of our meal, I learned that everyone liked escargot but no one ordered it. I always order that but I have a check up in a week and am trying my best to be good. DEATH, by the way was fun to watch and Sandy bought me their LP, a release from the 70's. The sound at the Echoplex sucks. Why you can't get a better EQ and balance with all that equipment is beyond me.

Comments

Good food and musical commentary. Have you met Mixed Meters?
CAFE LA LA said…
Are you David Ocker?

Popular Posts