Brunello Trattoria in Culver City






Brunello Trattoria, 6001 Washington Blvd, Culver City 90232, 310-280-3856. I have passed by this place literally hundreds of times but it wasn't till last week when I finally made it in. Kaoru Mansour and I have made it a custom to eat dinner before we rehearse for Ear Diorama Ear. I wanted to squeeze in a concert of Sandy Yang and Tom Watson at the Mandrake so Brunello Trattoria was in perfect proximity. The interior is quite "lovely", I mean it's a little upscale and the service is wonderful. There's a bar in the center and tables all around. For a weeknight, the place was packed and a huge screen was playing an NBA game. Nice but distracting for me. Kaoru ordered the vegetable lasagna and I the meat lasagna. It was very good, like some one's aunt made it for us. Fresh and delicious, nothing over the top but perfect for a weeknight. If you need a quick pasta fix that's made well, this is a great choice, not exceptional but it hit the spot.

Comments

Popular Posts