Kings Hawaiian The Local Place in Torrance






I was a little surprised that Kings Hawaiian The Local Place, 18605 S Western Ave Torrance CA 90504, 310-523-3233 wasn't on my blog yet. Well, this is a very satisfying place to get Hawaiian food. My daughter and I went for dinner this week after her teams game at West Torrance, which they lost. It was not a pretty game. To wash that ill feeling away, Lau Lau, I thought, would do the trick and it did. I love going out with my daughter. When I speak with her and watch her, I can't help but see that little kid she once was. There's lots of commercials that allude to that father daughter mode. Have you seen them? Anyway, I got the Lau Lau, Kalua Pig and Lomi Lomi Salmon plate. The only thing missing was Poi. I love this food. It's just so incredible. My daughter had fried rice, which seemed a little more stickier than it has been in the past. I wonder what happened? Still, a great place. They have Saimin too. This place if related to King's Hawaiian Bakery, so they sell all of the products there. I picked up a loaf of sweet bread. Brings me back to my child hood. The Lau Lau was pork with the fish and all that oily fat, so delicious. The Kalua pig was great. it's always on the salty side and it goes so well with the Lomi Lomi Salmon which is vinegary.

Comments

Popular Posts