Carousel in Little Armenia






Little Armenia is located primarily on Hollywood Blvd around Normandie. My co worker Bronwen recommended it. She lives around there and said it's her favorite. The food reminds her of her Great Aunts home cooking. When someone says something like that, how can you not feel compelled to go check it out? I did, that very night. I went with my friend, photographer Bill Short. I had never had Armenian food per se but I have had Mediterranean food. Bill was familiar with the cuisine so to his call we ordered Fool Mudammas, a fava bean based like stew and Beef Sharma, a mint and herbs drenched meat they broil on this rotating skewer. As the meat tenderizes in its own juices, you can slice it off the skewer and serve. This is actually the item that blew Bill and I away. In short (ha, ha), I couldn't stop eating. The experience, aromas and tastes were dancing in my memory for the next 24 hours. Amazing place and not too expensive for what you get. Located at Hye Plaza, 5112 Hollywood Blvd LA CA 323-660-8060

Comments

Popular Posts