Tubs Fine Chili and Fancy Fixins in Culver City





As my kids get older, I'm starting to see glimpses of perhaps my influences. Maybe this my parental ego? Anyway, I was so happy to be introduced to a place by my daughter. I picked her up at school and asked her if she wanted to get something for lunch. She thought about it, as she often does, and asked, "Have you ever been to Tub's Chili?" I had not. Well, it turns out it's a place her entourage goes to sometimes after school. It's owned by a father of one of her classmates. She said she always orders the steak chili. I tried the "Smokin Pig", which is seasoned pork, smoked for 8 hours in a tangy perhaps tomato-based chili. Sweet and delicious. They come in these bready tortilla like bowls and you have a choice of toppings; onions, various cheeses, etc. What I really loved was their buffalo chips, huge meaty potato chips you can dip into sauces and I couldn't have enough of these chips. They were awesome.

Comments

Popular Posts