Delphine in Hollywood






I had a meeting yesterday at the W Hotel where the Hollywood and Vine Red Line station is. A co-worker recommended that I eat at Delphine, a French inspired restaurant off of Hollywood Blvd (actually attached to the W Hotel), 6250 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood CA 90028, 323-798-1355. It's a good thing I had a tie on, when I walked in, it felt a bit more upscale than I normally am used to. The staff was welcoming and I opted to sit at the bar, being solo. The menu was great and I hope to go again to try other dishes. I ordered the Escargot Persallade, Trout Meuniere and a virgin mojito (oh well, work, you know). The escargot was prepared well but not as tender as I had wished. I asked where they were from but the staff didn't know. However, the abundance of butter/oil/garlic left from this meal made for a very evil bread dip for me. Yes, I suppose it's not good for you but I would have hated see it go to waste and they brought a basket full of delicious breads. Besides, My friends and I are doing the LA Bike Coalition LA River Ride, 70 miles should burn most of this off. That proved to be the springboard for a great meal. The mojito was refreshing and cool. The trout came with sauteed potatoes, shrimps and capers. At first, I wasn't sure if I should eat this seperate from the trout but then I realized it's kind of a garnish or topping. I thought it gave the trout a Peruvian twist but I guess I just don't know enough about french cuisine. The trout was fresh and full of flavor. The topping made it unique and memorable. It turned out to be about $45 for lunch. It's a lot for lunch on a work day but once in a while is OK, right?

Comments

Popular Posts