Coles in Downtown LA






Is it Phillipe's or Coles? Who "invented" the French Dipped sandwich? They both claim to be but I'm not convinced either or. Cole's is a great place (too) and is located at 118 East 6th Street, LA CA 213-622-4090. The exterior and interior are old school and a little on the dark mystique side of design and lighting. The spicy fries Jeffe ordered were very spicy like those hot cheese puffs. I really liked it. The roast beef in the French Dip is so tender, more tender than Phillipes but I like Phillipes bun better. it's got more substance and girth. They both have a mustard which is an even draw (kinda sorta). Cole's is more of a bar environment where as Phillipe's is more of a deli environment. The vibe is totally different. In the end, they both have their merits and I'll continue going to both. I will say I am so appreciative that they revived Coles. it was closed for a really long time and went through some odd transitions but it feels like it's back up and doing really well.

Comments

Popular Posts