The Original Texas Barbecue in Downtown LA





I was running back to the 7th and Metro station a couple of weeks ago and out of the corner of my eye, saw this tiny and narrow shop. ??????? What? Could it be? FLASHBACK = I was on a Museum of Neon Art Tour Bus with Mike The Poet at the helm one night. Mike was bringing us to the haunts of Bukowski. It was awesome. We drove past that corner on Sunset and OMG! Where did the BBQ place go? It was gone, demoed to make way for a series of condos. I missed Texas BBQ. The clouds of smoky purity covering the intersection on Sunset and I think Figueroa. BACK TO THE PRESENT = So TBBQ moved to this tiny little narrow shop at 525 West 7th Street, LA CA 90014. I went last week and tried it out. Turns out they have a couple other locations. They can't push the smokers at this location so everything is delivered in. OUCH!! It wasn't anywhere near the old BBQ I remembered off of Sunset. O ordered the Rib Tips plate. Too much sauce drowned the pork and the meat was not the quality they used to use. I will have to try their other locations. I think the meat suffers when it's delivered in or maybe it was too good to be true. Sometimes you gotta let the memories alone.

Comments

Popular Posts