Fleur de Lys in Monterey Park






Mike the Poet and Emi Motokawa turned me onto this amazing bakery, Fleur de Lys, 440 South Atlantic Blvd, Monterey Park CA 626-282-404. Apparently, it was founded by someone from France with Armenian roots. It sits on a little corner island on Atlantic with supple landscaping, an outdoor and indoor seating area, and an architectural vernacular that clearly is in tuned to the heart of the baked treasurers inside. I ordered the Monkey Bread (Cinnamon roll) and a Ham and Cheese croissant. They have great coffee and teas but I chose the homemade lemonade which was refreshing and spectacular. The Ham and Cheese was yummy but the Monkey Bread blew me away. The intoxicating degree of cinnamon to butter was so decadent, I felt guilty eating it on my way to a meeting. I also picked up some Madelaine's for my colleagues which they told me later were delicious.

Comments

Popular Posts