Mexico Cafe in East LA





Don't judge a book by its cover. I have passed by this place a hundred times and never went in. Something about the exterior that is not inviting. Finally, this week, under early morning circumstances, we went there because Peter, who we were with had had coffee there and said it was really good. The moment you walk in, all caution melts. It is a true 180 degree spin, once you walk inside, a true architectural design mystery. What is it about the exterior that does that? We sat down and mann we had a good time. The coffee has a hint of cinnamon. Normally, I'm not a coffee drinker but this was delicious. Nothing fancy but very effective. I ordered the Huevos Rancheros. DUDE!!! handmade tortillas! So good, MMMmmmm!!!!! Everything is homemade like all of a sudden, your Fairy-god Tia shows up. I am mos def back soon. Mexico Cafe is located at 3501 E. 1st Street, LA CA 90062

Comments

JustinM said…
I feel like that's a common theme to places with places that look uninviting; you either have meals that make you say "Wow, I'm an idiot, why haven't I been going here all along?" or "Wow, I'm an idiot, why did I come in here?" It's either great or it's terrible, rarely is it just average.

(Of course, that's just my opinion based on several incidents. I'm sure there are plenty of very average places.)
CAFE LA LA said…
No Pulled Porker, you're correct, It's almost always an either or. Later I found out that the owner of that place owns the whole side of the block and all those tenants have the same challenge. I hope someday the owner invests and spruces up their facades. it doesn't have to be a major rennovation, maybe just a patch and paint job.

Popular Posts