Franky and Johnny's Seafood Outlet




Franky and Johnny's Seafood Outlet is located at 1633 Riverside Drive LA CA 90031. It's in Frog Town. What a wonderful place. They've been opened for about four or five months. I finally went yesterday. Everyone was so friendly and generous. They are really proud of what they do, which I quickly was a attracted to. The grill is outside and seating outside. It feels like you're at someone's house for a BBQ and the conversations with the staff add to the family-like atmosphere, regardless if it's in front of the 5 Freeway. I guess it's very Frog Town to me. You got Dodger stadium on one side up above and to the north you have the LA River. There's just such a vibe there that's cool. I ordered the combo because for a buck more you can have both fish specials of the day. Yesterday they had trout and orange roughy. Mega fresh and the spices they marinate the fish with is outstanding. I told Johnny and Noah the chef afterwards, "You really don't need the sauce (on the side) or lemon." The two sides are also excellent, red cabbage salad and potato salad. Inside, they have a full fledged fish and seafood market. Let me just say, it's a pleasure to find a place that really loves seafood and has a respect for seafood in LA. It ain't asy to find for some reason in our City but this is mos def the place.

Comments

Mary Ann said…
Great discovery right? I call it the "Malibu Sea Food of the east"....You even simulate the roaring ocean with that freeway there. Love the staff. Love the BBQ fish and the price on the frozen calamari is ridiculous. I get a whole bag for 10 and It lasts me for a LOOOng time.
CAFE LA LA said…
Oh yeah Mary Ann. It's a really excellent find. I'll have to try that calamari. Thanks for the tip!

Popular Posts