Milk and Movies in Pico Rivera



Once my meeting was done, I drove back up Rosemead towards the 60 and came across something nostalgic, a drive through market. Milk and Movies was located on the northeast corner of Rosemead and Beverly Road in Pico Rivera CA. When I lived in Gardena back in the 80's, we had a couple of these. They would come up to your window, take your order and then bring back the goods. If you wanted to get out of your car you could. The person working there told me the back used to be a dairy, an Alta Dena dairy farms and the milk would be fresh. I bought a ice cream bar for my ride home. It sure brought back memories.

Comments

Cafe Pasadena said…
That's true about the dairy behind the "dairy.!" I think it was called Pellisier's Dairy. I think it was last there back in the 60's.

Wunder why it's called milk & movies??
CAFE LA LA said…
Awe! good to clarify the history. The 60's? No kidding, Wow!!!

Popular Posts