Lee's Tofu in Monterey Park




This afternoon, artist Jeff Mohr and I finally went to this Soon Tofu place he's been wanting to introduce me to for a while. Lee's Tofu is located at 2008 South Atlantic Blvd Monterey Park CA 91754 323-869-4920. It's a modest restaurant in a mini mall that has a Boston Market, Starbucks and Baskin Robbins, to name a few. Hmmm, I wasn't sure but it turned out to have a kick-butt Soon Tofu. We both ordered the dumpling soon tofu which was awesome. I got the medium spicy and Jeff got the spicy. The sides were tasty and the BBQ pork was good. I would definitely go back again and apparently it's a place some of our co-workers have been going to since they were kids. It has a local flavor. I thought it was funny how in the menu, there's no mention of soon tofu, they called it something else so people who aren't Korean could understand what it was. That was very Monterey Park to me for some reason. Wouldn't happen in K-Town. K-TOWN!!!

Comments

aHi I'll have to tell my friends to visit and eat there....sounds great when we come to Los Angeles, I found you site accidentally, I am in Monterey California, I guess I came across you site being it's on Monterey St there.
But it sounds Interesting.
I get to LA and Thousand Oaks Ca ever now and then.

If you get time please stop by my Monterey Blog anytime and say hi....Monterey Bay Pacific Coast Network - Monterey Hotels - Parks and Travel Guide
CAFE LA LA said…
Thanks! Nice blog. Makes me want to drive up. I hope someday I will make it to the Monterey Jazz Festival. That's one of my goals. I love music. One of my fondest memories of Monterey is walking on the pier and looking through a window to an Italian cafe and watching the staff make ravioli's.
Lee's Tofu said…
Thank you for this awesome review!
I am the owner of Lee's Tofu and came across your blog site. We just recently created a facebook page. Please stop by and like our page!

Whenever you are around the area, please drop in again and let us know who you are therefore we can show your our gratitude.

Thank you again

- The Lee's

Popular Posts