Mignon Chocolate





I was in Pasadena Sunday because I really wanted to see Barry McGee's installation on Holly St. He's one of my favorite artists in the whole-wide-world! Here's my panorama of his installation. On the same street is Mignon Chocolate, 6 E Holly Street, Pasadena CA 91103, 626-796-7100. It was a very hot afternoon so I decided not to get a box 'cause it would melt. I selected two pieces. They said they had a policy of no photography in the shop so I don't have a pix of their display which is pretty cool. I ordered one "Mojito" with a lovely green motif with dark chocolate and one "Peanut Creme" in the shape of an Egyptian Pharoh. I walked over to the Armory Center for the Arts and while sitting in Michael McMillens installation (which is really incredible), I ate my chocolates. The Peanut Creme wasn't too good. Something earthy about it, like mummy dust. I think mummy dust is a acquired taste. The mojito was really good, rich dark chocolate and the sensation on mint leaves.

Comments

Popular Posts