Allston Yacht Club





We went upscale last night. Echo Park is home to a place started by two Bostonians, Allston Yacht Club, 1320 Echo Park Avenue LA CA 90026, just north of Sunset. I decided to have wine last night. Our server was extremely helpful. This guy wanted us to have a great experience last night. He helped me with my wine selection. I told him, if I only drink wine once a year, what would be the wine to drink. I know it's a difficult quesiton but I was wearing my hat from Flock Shop so I felt a little flamboyant. We started with a 2006 Kuyam 13 Moons Merolt (cab). It was good but a little too much tannin for me. I'm just not that sophisticated. So he recommended the 2005 Domaine LA Rocaliere, Lirac, a Grennache/ Syrah from Rhone. BINGO! Why is it that the Rhone's always make me happy? Anyway, we were on our way to Catasonic to master our new CD so were a little pressed for time but excited. Our server suggested we order two snack plates each. Here's the line up: Green Papaya and Ginger Salad, Brandade and Roasted Tomato, Duck Breast, Grilled Cheese, Pork Belly (my favorite, HA!), and Arancini (little orange). The foods are dynamic collectively and really allow you to eat well but savor your drink. This place is well designed for even the modest culinary enthusiast.

Comments

Sheila said…
Hey Alan,
I'm glad you enjoyed AYC. Noel and I enjoy it too. My daughter, Nisa, is the runner there most nights.
Sheila
CAFE LA LA said…
No Kidding, what a small world.

Popular Posts