Austin TX Trip; Original Pancake House






My final meal in Texas was breakfast at the Original Pancake House, 1700 West Parmer Lane, Austin TX, 512-873-7200. It was an awesome interior of low key aesthetics and patriotic party frills. I ordered blueberry waffles and bacon. The waffles were a little over cooked but delicious with fresh blueberries and maple syrup. The bacon was intense. I imagined it's the type of "real" bacon that butcher's families eat each morning. I also had a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice. What was odd about my experience there was how our server never made eye contact with me. She would only speak directly with my friend David. I wasn't sure if I had done something to anger her or maybe she didn't think I understood English. Such was my final meal in Texas.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Pancake house Hiro and u got waffles?!? haha

kaz
CAFE LA LA said…
I'm a sucker for blueberry waffles but maybe I should have ordered pancakes. It seemed the right thing to do at the time.

Popular Posts