Spain



Happiness is attained on a Friday afternoon by eating a pan of Paella at Spain, 1866 Glendale Blvd, LA CA 90026, 323-667-9045. it's a large portion intended to share, which I did. Once it arrived (allow around 30 minutes) at our table, the color, heat and aroma conjured heartfelt memories of when I was introduced to paella. It was the mid 80's and I was invited to dinner at my girlfriends mothers home who once had her own cooking show on cable. Paella, saffroned rice in a baked pan filled with tomatoes, shrimps, clams, sausages, etc. Spain's version today was chicken paella. The seafood version was $30, a bit much for me on a workday. Also, since it was workday, no Sangria, WHAT??? Anyway, it was delicious in the most all encompassing way. We also had sandwiches which were garlicky and yummy as well as a ham and cheese empanada. This was a much needed feast for an otherwise upsetting morning at work. I'm good!

Comments

Popular Posts