Larkins






Larkins is located at 1496 Colorado Blvd Eagle Rock CA 90041, 323-254-0934. They call themselves "a contemporary soul food joint", which is quite accurate. The first thing that struck me was the building. It sort of reminds me of a Craftsmanstyle home but I'm not an expert. It's so well designed and all of the finishes and details are clean and warm. We ate inside 'cause it was a little cold but in the summer, it would be awesome to eat outdoors. We ordered salads. I had the fried chicken salad and Campuzano ordered the house. We shared the fried mac and cheese balls. It's exactly that. They use the mac and cheese from the night before and roll it into a ball and fry it. I highly reccomend this. It reminded me of KFC's extra crispy. I believe someone told me it was the original crispy from the day before and they re-fry it. I hope that's not just a rumor, if so, sorry Colonel. Oh by the way, I was in Kentucky once and met a woman who grew up in the same town where KFC started. She laughed at me when I asked her about the Colonel's military history. She said, "honey, you could become a colonel. we would just get a petition going and have it signed by the Govenor". Kentucky Colonel Alan Nakagawa. How cool would that be?

Comments

Popular Posts