Golden State



I first learned about this place through a little take one I picked up at an art gallery in Silver Lake. The colorful brochure spotlit various places to eat and shop in the general area and raved about this place. Recently, Jeffe went and said it was pretty amazing as well. The Golden State is located at 426 North Fairfax LA CA 90036, 323-782-8331, across the street and a couple of shops north of Canters. It's a one room groovy interior cafe. I ordered the chicken pesto sausage which I learned was from the local butcher. The cucumber salad was excellent, didn't expect that. They had root beer on tap. Isn't that fabulouso! The bread was not impressive, kind of like a store bought cheap bun. It was so out of place in this eatery. I would definitely go again.

Comments

El Paco said…
I've noticed a motif to your reviews: rootbeer. :)
CAFE LA LA said…
I know, I love root beer. Root beer floats, root beer candy but also cream soda and butterscotch Lifesavers.

Popular Posts