ESPN Zone at LA Live





My son and I went to a Lakers game last night at Staple Center. My brother works at the ESPN Zone next door which is part of LA Live on the corner of Chick Hearn and Figueroa in Downtown LA. My brother got us front row and center in the multi monitor room and bought us dinner which was awesome. He programs the video monitors there and is the resident sports information dude. The co-workers I spoke to testified to his wealth of knowledge of sports facts and I in turn told them about how at the age of six my brother would memorize the stats on the back of baseball and football cards. He'd also arrange them on the rug as in playing a game and do the play by play. At the time, it was just this eccentric thing my brother did but now I realize it was quite exceptional. My son ordered the smoked burger with fries and I ordered the steak salad. The steak in my salad was charbroiled and excellent. On top of everything, the Lakers won!

Comments

Popular Posts