The Bucket




We were having a discussion this morning about our favorite burgers. Campuzano said her favorite right now was the Bucket, which I had never been to. So....The Bucket is located at 4541 Eagle Rock Blvd, Eagle Rock CA 90041, 323-257-5654. It's been around since 1935 but the current owners are not the original owners but are super-cool people. They have beer on tap. I ordered the Julio Burger and the Julio Fries. Who's Julio? He's the original owner who now lives in Spain. The Julio fries are thin fried potato slices drenched in sliced cabbage/ carrots and a spicy-like-Italian sauce. It's vinegary but not too heavy. I liked it. The Julio Burger also has strips of cabbage and carrots with the sauce. The burger is smokey and thickly cooked with a semi-crunchy shell. The bun is huge with sesame. I'd like to focus on the Julio fries. I was wondering what drew Julio to this creation? As I got half way through the basket, it hit me. You can take a potato slice and make a taco with the cabbage and sauce; an inverted potato taco! Julio, you are a genius! (It's across from Auntie Ems so I got a chocolate cupcake after my hamburger). When I came back with my bag of cupcakes, the server said, "Oh no you didn't!" Oh yes I did!

Comments

Popular Posts