AJs BBQ Pit




We were so excited that a new BBQ place was opening in East LA. AJ's BBQ Pit is located at 3691 3rd Street just east of Indiana and opened this past Monday. Today, I ordered the #1, a 1/3 slab of beef ribs, cole slaw and chili beans with a root beer. The chili beans were absolutely delicious. the coleslaw was a traditional medium cut cabbage type, fresh and tasty. The ribs were good. I think I'll ask for the sauce on the side next time. Too much sauce either hides or smothers the taste of the rib for me. The meat fell off the bone which is great but i think these ribs were boiled and then put in a smoker ( unfortunately a common practice in LA) because there was no rub exterior or that chewy and/or crunchy skin. I will definitely return to try other items on the menu. It's worth a return.

Comments

Anonymous said…
We have been waiting for a place like this. This is not your run of the mill bbq joint. The service is great. The presentaion of the food is nice. and the price is most definatelly right. I will be back again and again. OMG best tasting bbq in town.
b1b0187 said…
I love that place.
I even made there logo :)
Jimmy@b1b0.com
Big O said…
You gotta try their burgers, chicken wings,tri-tip sandwich....Man i'm getting hungry!

Popular Posts