Lot 1 Cafe


I wasn't impressed with this place. It's main dish is a little $11 falafel-like taco with what may be organic ingredients. There's little info on the menu and they wouldn't give me a business card or take home menu. The salads are $9 and barely fill the little bowl it comes in. This meal reminded me of the fact that your stomach is about the size of your fist and you really only need that amount of food for a meal. This place takes that medical fact to the tee. The people didn't seem genuine to me either. What a bad thing to say about servers but it felt like they were a little patronizing to us. As if their tiny falafel taco was something normally served to the queen and king and for that day only we peasants were given the honor of indulging in it. It was an odd and weired experience for me and artist Mark Walsh. This place is on Sunset in Echo Park. This is the kind of place that gives gentrification it's chagrin.

Comments

Popular Posts