Campos





I have a odd relationship with Mexican refried beans. For some reason, when I am sick, I crave bean and cheese burritos. I don't know how that happened or when it started. I suppose it's comfort food for anyone who grew up in Southern CA. I could stock up on the frozen burritos and pop them in the oven or microwave and feed a cold. Being Japanese American, I also have that part of my Jungian brainwave that sees beans as a confectionery only as well but not so much when I eat Mexican food. I get it more with black beans. Anyway, I was sick yesterday, so on my way back home from dropping the kids off at school, I stopped by Campos, 10352 Venice Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232-3338,(310) 836-2680 and got me a bean and cheese burrito. It was great, easy and filling. The great thing about Campos, is it still has velvet paintings. How cool is that. The food and the paintings are authentic!

Comments

Popular Posts