Staples Center




I'm not a football fan. I watch it once in a while on TV but I have yet to go to an actual NFL game. I would like to but....LA DOESN'T HAVE A TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is that? I guess the answer is complicated because every explanation I've heard or read is confusing, convoluted and always end up sounding like some exercise to hide the truth.

When I was growing up in LA, we had the Rams. I remember Roman Gabriel and watching the highlights on TV. he was awesome. Then they left for St. Louis. Later, we had the Raiders. I never really got into the Raiders but then they left for the Bay Area.

So, last night, I went to Staple Center to see the LA Avengers with Steve Irvin. Neither of us had ever seen arena football.

The atmosphere is circus-like; colorful, loud and active. Is it entertaining? You know for me, everything but the touchdowns were interesting. What's up with that? The Avengers played the Philadelphia Soul which is owned by Jon Bon Jovi. Oddly, he wasn't there but Richie Sanbora was there. There was something very odd and funny about that to me. I guess because he's someone who's often in the limelight as the second-guy. Second to Bon Jovi, second to Heather Locklear, and much like arena football is second to NFL, Sanbora was second to Bon Jovi again when he was pointed out by the stadium announcer.

OK, that's enough about that. Steve, who came back from a trip to Kenya with an upset stomach didn't want to eat too much. So we both had a vege sandwich with chips and a bottle water. You know what, it wasn't bad. Stadium food is often pretty bad. Exceptions would be the Philly cheese steak I had at a Mets game, the Chicago dog I had at Wrigley Stadium and the King taco I had once at Dodger Stadium. Last night, the vege sandwich at Staple was pretty good.

Comments

Popular Posts