La Mascota





I think La Mascota is a place in Mexico. I'm not certain. La Mascota in Boyle Heights, however,is a local hot spot for tamale and baked goods. It's located at 2715Whittier Blvd, LA CA 90023, 323-263-5513. For a couple of years now, lighting designer Jose Lopez has been touting it as the best tamale in LA. So finally, I went today to go check that out. Well, well, well. That is SOME tamale! The inner part is really delicious. I had a cheese and chili tamale. The cheese was melty and the roasted jalapeno was awesome. I also had a pork tamale. The red sauce was incredible, so deep is the red that it reminded me of images of Mars. The red sauce was also hot, like Korean Soon Tofu. The baked goods were average, although aesthetically playful and worthy of purchase.

Comments

Popular Posts