AKI



AKI restaurant 11513 Santa Monica Blvd., LA CA 310-479-8406, is a family owned Japaneses food restaurant. It's been around for decades and is a staple for many LA folk especially in the west side. It has a special place in my family because the two sons have been coaching my sons basketball team for ten years.

The Japanese food here is good and old school. In the pre-sushi craze, many local places served a a large variety of items; in addition to sushi, sukiyaki, tempura's, donburi's, teriyaki beef, teriyaki chicken, udon, and sashimi. A lot of newer places have menu's that are neo-Japanese cuisine or French-fusion influenced which I also love but AKi is more like comfort food for me. These are the recipes I grew up with and they are delicious as they are filling. The proof is in the pudding. AKI has been around a long time and continues to draw crowds of hungry food-enthusiasts.

Comments

Popular Posts