Rustys Surf Ranch



My brother bought me concert tickets and dinner to Rusty's Surf Ranch on the Santa Monica Pier, 256 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monca CA 310-393-PIER. It was Saturday night and the pier was packed with locals and tourists. Rusty's is very close to the historic merry go round building. It's a simple restaurant on the pier with lots of surfboards attached to the ceiling. I used to work with Ron Viola at Drum City Guitar Villa in Hollywood in the early 80's. This was during the heyday of Ron's band, Billy Vera and the Beaters. They had two top 40 hits and were on the TV a couple of times. well, there they were sounding great as ever. The four sax horn section is awesome and Billy was in great form, his vocals as smooth and nasty as ever. Since my brother gave me a gift certificate, I decided to order one of the most expensive things on the menu, Fillet Mignon. It was awesome and tender. Wrapped in a strip of smoked bacon and laying on top of garlic filled mash potatoes, I loved it.

Comments

Ellen Bloom said…
Oh yeah! I've eaten at Rusty's quite often...always on a show night featuring BV and the Beaters! They are my fave band EVER! I used to be the board operator and engineer for Billy's radio show on KCRW...years ago!
CAFE LA LA said…
That;s awesome! I remember that show. He was great on the radio.

Popular Posts